Acting Classes – Build character by exploring character.
Come to The Center and be yourself!
Build character by exploring character.
Our acting classes will give you a warm, fun, supportive environment in which you can explore Acting technique and method, including speech, movement and individual investment. Using age-appropriate material as you take on various roles, you will begin to understand the importance of character both on the stage and in life as well. As you work toward a performance at the end of each semester, we will guide you in developing the skills and the self-awareness it takes to play your role confidently, no matter what it may be.
Click on the class name
to see all the details and
register for the class
- Tuition is per 10-week session (with the exception of the High School and All-School Musicals).
- Classes run for 3 sessions, for a combined 30 weeks over the school year.
- Students do not need to be in every session.
- Students cannot join Musical Theater Performance Workshop classes in session 3; they must take session 1 and/or 2 to be eligible for session 3.
- Registration for one session will continue into the next session unless we are otherwise notified.
Session 1 – Monday, September 11, 2023 – Saturday, November 18, 2023
Session 2 – November 27, 2023 – February 10, 2024
Session 3 – February 19, 2024 – April 27, 2024
- High School Musical runs: September 11 – February 3; students must be enrolled in another CTA class to participate (at least for sessions 1 & 2)
- All-School Musical runs: Saturdays in April, select weekdays and Saturdays from April 29 – June 1, 2024; students must be enrolled in another CTA class to participate (at least for sessions 2 & 3)
All of our Acting classes aim to help students gain confidence on stage. Students use physicality, voice, and posture to bring characters to life, while exploring their personality, conflicts, motivations, desire and more. Most classes include some improvisation work and many include script work.
MIDDLE SCHOOL IMPROV
Improvisation helps actors think on their feet, connect with their scene partners, and gain confidence on stage. This class explores improv in a fun, fast-paced environment using different exercises and theatre games.
ACTING FOR THE CAMERA
Explore acting for the camera in a dynamic setting where you will be both in front of a camera and behind it — and encouraged to take risks. With the help of television and film scripts, you will learn by looking through the lens and exploring camera techniques, acting exercises, blocking and audition material.
There’s no better introduction to the work of an Actor. In this class, you’ll begin to explore and recognize your voice, body, emotions, and creativity as necessary tools for the craft of acting.
CTA THEATER COMPANY
As a member of the CTA Theater Company, you’ll learn more than just the theater piece you and your ensemble members prepare for public performance. Through the rehearsal process, you’ll learn agency, self-reliance, and collaboration. In short – you’ll be learning the techniques, skills, and responsibility used by professional actors in the real world; skills you can apply in a theatrical career and beyond!