Special Actors – Musical Theater classes for special needs.
Come to The Center and be yourself!
For 43 years, the Center has offered performing arts classes for students with special needs of all kinds, ages 7 – adult. These classes are offered on Friday evenings throughout the school year and are intended to spark creativity, self-confidence, social interaction, and positive self-esteem through singing, acting and dancing.
Reach high. Never stop.
Join our warm, inclusive group of actors, singers, and dancers with special needs. You’ll be surrounded by friends, family, and caring, professional teachers and student aides who will help focus on your abilities and help them grow. Each ensemble will perform at our year-end performance – a joyful night of fun and entertainment for the community that showcases all you’ve accomplished!
MUSICAL THEATER: Ages 7 – ADULT
Working in age-appropriate groups, you will work with a team of teachers and student aides, following a musical theater format. You will learn through vocal warm-ups, songs, dance, interpretive movements, and theatrical games. And then you’ll bring it all together at a year-end performance that’s open to family, friends and the community.
KDKA Kidsburgh Highlights Special Actors Program
The Special Actors Program at CTA received a visit from the local CBS affiliate, KDKA, who interviewed the dedicated parents and their children. The weekly segment, Kidsburgh, highlighted the significance of this important curriculum to our students and their families. Check out the full story for more details.
Click on the class name
to see all the details and
register for the class
- Tuition is per 10-week session (with the exception of the High School and All-School Musicals).
- Classes run for 3 sessions, for a combined 30 weeks over the school year.
- Students do not need to be in every session.
- Students cannot join Musical Theater Performance Workshop classes in session 3; they must take session 1 and/or 2 to be eligible for session 3.
- Registration for one session will continue into the next session unless we are otherwise notified.
Session 1 – Monday, September 11, 2023 – Saturday, November 18, 2023
Session 2 – November 27, 2023 – February 10, 2024
Session 3 – February 19, 2024 – April 27, 2024
- High School Musical runs: September 11 – February 3; students must be enrolled in another CTA class to participate (at least for sessions 1 & 2)
- All-School Musical runs: Saturdays in April, select weekdays and Saturdays from April 29 – June 1, 2024; students must be enrolled in another CTA class to participate (at least for sessions 2 & 3)
“Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield” has provided funding and become a program partner to this very special program.
Grants that fund our Special Actors programs:
- Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The Edith Trees Foundation
- The McSwigan Family Foundation
- The Dollar Bank Foundation
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- The Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The FISA Foundation
- The United Way contributions
- Broadway Cares-Quality of Life Grant