Special Actors – Musical Theater classes for special needs.
Come to The Center and be yourself!
Reach high. Never stop.
Join our warm, inclusive group of actors, singers and dancers with special needs. You’ll be surrounded by friends, family, and caring, professional teachers and student aides who will help focus on your abilities and help them grow. We will spark your creativity, confidence, social interaction and self-esteem. And you’ll perform with your friends at our year-end show, a joyful night of fun and entertainment that’s open to the community.
Musical Theater class: 5-Adult
Working in age-appropriate groups, you will work with a team of teachers and student aides, following a musical theater format. You will learn through vocal warm-ups, songs, interpretive movements and theatrical games. You’ll focus individually on each skill: singing, dancing and acting. And then you’ll bring it all together at a year-end performance that’s open to family, friends and the community.
Click on the class name
to see all the details and
register for the class
For 39 years, The Center has offered a full year of performing arts classes for special needs students ages 7-Adult that includes singing, dance, and acting. These classes are intended to provide inclusion in an activity that sparks creativity, self-confidence, social interaction and positive self-esteem.
- Tuition is per 10-week session.
- Classes are running 3 sessions for a combined 30 weeks.
- You do not need to be in every session.
- Classes meet once a week unless otherwise noted.
- Registration for one session will continue into the next session unless we are otherwise notified.
- Please add each session to your cart to register up front for all three sessions.
Session I starts September 7th – November 13th
Session II starts November 15th – February 12th 2022
Session III starts February 14th 2022 – April 30th 2022
These classes will culminate in a performance at the end of each session.
“Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield” has provided funding and become a program partner to this very special program.
Grants that fund our Special Actors programs:
- Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The Edith Trees Foundation
- The McSwigan Family Foundation
- The Dollar Bank Foundation
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- The Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The FISA Foundation
- The United Way contributions
- Broadway Cares-Quality of Life Grant