Special Actors – Musical Theater classes for special needs.
Come to The Center and be yourself!
For 42 years, The Center has offered a full-year of performing arts classes for special needs students ages 7 – adult that includes singing, dance, and acting. These classes are intended to provide inclusion in an activity that sparks creativity, self-confidence, social interaction and positive self-esteem.
Reach high. Never stop.
Join our warm, inclusive group of actors, singers and dancers with special needs. You’ll be surrounded by friends, family, and caring, professional teachers and student aides who will help focus on your abilities and help them grow. And you’ll perform with your friends at our year-end show, a joyful night of fun and entertainment that’s open to the community.
MUSICAL THEATER: Ages 7 – ADULT
Working in age-appropriate groups, you will work with a team of teachers and student aides, following a musical theater format. You will learn through vocal warm-ups, songs, dance, interpretive movements, and theatrical games. And then you’ll bring it all together at a year-end performance that’s open to family, friends and the community.
Click on the class name
to see all the details and
register for the class
- Tuition is per 10-week session.
- Classes are running 3 sessions for a combined 30 weeks.
- You do not need to be in every session.
- Classes meet once a week unless otherwise noted.
- Registration for one session will continue into the next session unless we are otherwise notified.
- Please add each session to your cart to register up front for all three sessions.
1st Session – September 6 – November 12th
2nd Session – November 14 – February 11, 2023
3rd Session – February 13 – April 29, 2023
These classes will culminate in an end-of-year performance.
|Name||Price||Class Day||Class Time||Details|
|Musical Theater 2 (ages 7+)||$10.00||FRIDAYS||4:15-5:15pm||Show details|
|Musical Theater 3 (ages 17+)||$10.00||FRIDAYS||5:30-6:30pm||Show details|
|Musical Theater 4 (ages 28+)||$10.00||FRIDAYS||6:45-7:45pm||Show details|
“Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield” has provided funding and become a program partner to this very special program.
Grants that fund our Special Actors programs:
- Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The Edith Trees Foundation
- The McSwigan Family Foundation
- The Dollar Bank Foundation
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- The Earl Knudsen Charitable Foundation
- The FISA Foundation
- The United Way contributions
- Broadway Cares-Quality of Life Grant