October 22, 2020:
The CTA has been working around-the-clock so that we are ready to welcome everyone back and begin to celebrate our 40th Anniversary!!!
WHAT we do and WHY we do it have always been special – BUT now more than ever – HOW we do it will allow us to begin the process of raising the curtain. There are hopeful signs everywhere, every day and opportunities to explore ways the CTA can play a role in your lives moving forward.
As many of you know Pennsylvania began the careful process of reopening, and Governor Tom Wolf designated Allegheny County as “GREEN” on June 5th allowing our region to take small steps toward opening.
This certainly gives us something to SING about! We are optimistic, as long as appropriate modifications are made to ensure social distancing, enhanced hygiene measures, reimagining common spaces, as well as studios, and implementing adjustments in HOW we do… WHAT we do!!!
The CTA is prepared to move forward with multiple strategies toward success! In addition to remaining focused on ways to ensure the safest environment for our students, as well as, our talented faculty and staff, we will be as flexible as possible, as we roll out newly designed schedules, class sizes, and instructional strategies. Like many educational organizations, our goal is to move forward responsibly with a commitment to our students, families and the community we serve. Below is an overview of the revised facility modifications, policies, and instructional programming we have instituted.
Thank you for continually entrusting the CTA with your children, rest assured we have taken extensive measures to keep them safe as we welcome our 4th decade of operation.
Find your voice. Develop your style. Reach high.
- CTA has been stripped down and cleaned in its entirety. 5,800 square feet of studio space has been re-explored and re-imagined for our Better Together, Division with Vision The Facility is currently being “deep cleaned” by a cleaning services once a week, and the CTA acquired additional sanitizing materials that will be used after hours to safely disinfect entire studios after each use.
- Additional “hand sanitizer stations” are being installed at the center. – we are acquiring gloves, alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer, Clorox, mic covers, masks, Purchased 22 feet clear movable walls and plexiglass sneeze guards – ‘Division with Vision’ efforts.
Policies and procedures have been revised, including the following:
- The CTA will operate according to state and local regulations, and best practices as new policies are created, we will adapt our operations to meet these new requirements.
- Children who are ill may not attend the CTA and must remain at home according to our center policies. Any child who becomes ill at the center will be separated from the other children and must be picked up within one hour.
- CTA Staff members are required to have their temperatures taken when they arrive at the center. Should any employees become ill at the center, they will be sent home.
- Parents will be permitted inside the building, however social distancing protocols will be implemented as best as possible. We encourage drop off efforts.
- Parents should conduct any lengthy conversations with our CTA staff by telephone.
- Visitors will be permitted inside the center by necessity and appointment only.
- Our CTA staff members will more closely supervise all handwashing. Children should wash hands before drop-off, each time they return to the Studio, after using the restrooms, and as directed by our staff.
- Face masks or coverings are currently required to be worn by parents and staff members at the center. Children are NOT exempt from this order once inside the studio; keeping in mind they will also have been placed in positions of social distancing throughout the class instruction. Moving forward face coverings will NOT be optional. Names MUST be on students mask.
- In the event a parent, child, or staff member tests positive for Covid-19, they will not be permitted into the CTA until cleared by their physician or as directed by our local health agencies.
- In the event a household member of either a child or staff member tests positive for Covid-19, the child or staff member will not be permitted to return to the center for 14 days or as directed by our local health agencies.
- We will continue to adapt to Covid-19 and make additional changes as conditions warrant, and we remain committed to responsible, disciplined and focused strategies as we move forward.